Social Media: What is it, and how can it benefit your business?
What is Social Media?
Social media is any media platform that involves interaction and communication between people in the online space. In a business sense, ‘Social Media’ refers to platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Google+ (the ‘Big Three’), as well as sites such as YouTube, Pinterest and LinkedIn. These platforms are becoming increasingly essential to the successful running of any business.
Here are some facts about social media from the 2012 Social Media Market Industry Report:
- 94% of all businesses with a marketing department used social media as part of their marketing platform
- Almost 60% of marketers are devoting the equivalent of a full work day to social media marketing development and maintenance
- 43% of people aged 20-29 spend more than 10 hours a week on social media sites
- 85% of all businesses that have a dedicated social media platform as part of their marketing strategy reported an increase in their market exposure
- 58% of businesses that have used social media marketing for over 3 years reported an increase in sales over that period
These statistics illuminate the magnitude of social media’s importance for profitable industry practice.
What can Social Media do for your business?
Social media offers a multitude of benefits for your business. These include:
- Greater exposure - As the above statistics indicate, social media gives you access to hundreds of millions of potential customers across multiple platforms. Advertising space is particularly valuable on social media platforms
- Increase awareness and goodwill - An online social media presence enhances your company’s credibility, contributing positively to brand awareness and recognition.
- Relationship building - Being communicative in nature, social media allows a direct line of information and response between company’s and clients/customers. Social participation fosters a belief in the close relationship between business and customers, and allows you to discover customer’s preferences.
- More leads - Social media is a highly powerful traffic generator, driving traffic to social media pages designed specifically for your business.
- Measure results - Social media gives you direct access to feedback from customers, offering a veritable source to quantify and measure your results.
- Useful tool of communication - Announce new products and services in a direct and immediate fashion.
- Cost-effective - Social media is free to use, despite yielding enormous results. This means a positive return on investment.
What can we do for your business?
Zoom is your one-stop shop for the development and management of your online social media presence - we will do as little or as much as you like. This involves the establishment of your business’ page or account on various social media platforms, as well as daily updates on your behalf. We will promote your products and services on the social media sites, monitoring feedback and managing this crucial line of communication for you.